Bible Distribution Examples and Ideas
I was in prison and you came unto me. (Matthew 25:36)
There are many brethren in several different states serving in prison ministry. This ministry provides an opportunity for those in prisons to hear the pure Word of God. Those that get out of prison then have the opportunity to use the Word of God effectively in their lives and the lives of their families. This ministry provides an opportunity for our church brethren to share Jesus Christ with those who have great needs and whose only hope is God.
The most extensive prison ministry within our Brethren is the Berean Prison Ministry. More than two thousand Bibles are requested monthly and shipped to jails and prisons in 45 different states. The inmate’s name and prison identification is entered into a computer. A prisoner is shipped only one Bible. The Bible can be the biggest treasure in a prison inmate’s “stash.” In every Bible there is a letter to that inmate. The letter explains the opportunity to complete and return Bible study lesson #1 to Berean Prison Ministry. They are encouraged to complete 50 Bible lessons. When Bible study #1 is returned by the inmate, the study is graded by our brethren and friends. Some volunteers who do the grading are in our retirement homes, young groups, and sewing groups.
The graded Bible study is then sent back to the inmate along with three additional Bible studies. About 100,000 lessons are currently being graded per year. The Berean programs extend internationally to Russia, Romania, Mexico, Africa, Jamaica, Haiti, and Grenada.
Thanks for your prayers for the volunteers who give of their time to grade Bible Studies and for the financial support of our church for the Bibles and postage. Numerous letters of appreciation have been received from these individuals who describe the great benefit it has brought to their lives to be exposed to the Word of God.
FreeBibleNow is an Apostolic Christian Church college campus ministry that shares the Good News of Jesus Christ to "every nation, tribe, people and language" by distributing God's Word to students in their own language.
Every year thousands of young people from the United States and countries all around the world attend universities here in the United States. Whether they come from Angola, China, Russia, or Zimbabwe, many of them represent the country's best and brightest students. They are, without a doubt, future leaders in their respective fields of study.
Many of these students come from lands where Christianity is suppressed, and when given the freedom and opportunity to learn more about God, they eagerly pursue it. They literally ask, seek, and find the most valuable knowledge they could ever take back home with them - the Holy Bible.
All of those involved with FreeBibleNow are excited about the opportunity to equip these influential leaders who come to our doorstep with the life-changing Word of God. Then as they return home, our hope is that seeds of faith can take root around the world, and grow and bring forth fruit.
For the FreeBibleNow website, click here.
Churches and orphanages in Mexico
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Spanish Bibles, Bible storybooks and hymnals are sent to Mexico. Three thousand Spanish Bibles are sent to Mexico each year with the medical teams. More are carried to Mexico by work teams. Princeville church sends thousands of 25 Favorite Bible Story books to Mexico. A growing number of Spanish Bibles are distributed to our churches, orphanages and into prisons. Egermeier Bible Story books and both 25 and 101 Favorite Bible Story books are also distributed, some to young people who had never heard that they have a soul. Some of these materials are given to young mothers, children, and others. We also provide tapes, CD’s, and large print Bibles.
On a visit to Mexico, a work team member was privileged to visit several churches that had been given Bibles by our distribution program. The Bibles had been put to good use and were greatly appreciated. They were also given some Bible storybooks and Spanish Hymnals. One young man refused a storybook offered him because he already had one. His honesty was inspiring. A young lady teaching music to the children in an orphanage was very thankful for the hymnals. Click here for information on the churches in Mexico.
Disaster relief and food packages
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men. (Galatians 6:10)
Our brethren respond to many needs after disasters strike, repairing rebuilding homes. Bibles are placed in the homes of those that we help. Bibles are also placed in food packages which are sent around the world, everywhere there is a need. Click here for information on disaster response and local work projects.
In Champaign the church is involved with “Empty Tomb” which is an organization that identifies families that are legitimately in need of food. With each food delivery they include a Bible. Others who deliver food from food banks or local sources also use this as a way to distribute Bibles.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)
Many of our brethren distribute Bibles in truck stops, hospitals, nursing homes, college campuses, gas stations, restaurants, and offices. Some place a phone number in the Bibles so that seeking souls may call for help. We can carry Bibles with us and be ready to share if we find a need. It is a joy to share hope with others. Another good idea is to insert the “God’s Perfect Plan of Salvation” tract into each Bible.
God’s Perfect Plan of Salvation Tract
Are you interested in sharing the gospel, but not quite sure what to say? A new tract is available for free from AC Publications. Tracts are available and could be included in Bibles that are distributed as they condense the “plan of Salvation” from the Bible for one who might not be very familiar with the Bible. God's Perfect Plan of Salvation presents the message of salvation for those both within and without our faith.
Bible Distribution meetings
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. (Malachi 3:16)
There is a Bible distribution meeting every year for the churches in Illinois. Each church has a designated Bible Distribution representative. This meeting is hosted by a different church on a rotating schedule. The purpose of the meeting is to share information about Bible Distribution methods and experiences, and encourage one another in this work.
A few examples of work being done in churches:
- New Testament Pocket Bibles are being placed at car dealerships in Morton and average about 2,000 per year.
- College young groups making Bibles available to college students.
- Serves a meal for carnival workers at Pumpkin Festival Distributes Bibles & Bible Stories to each one who comes.
- Distributes food, Bible Story Book & Bible to needy families through School Dist.
- Bibles to Nursing Homes Tazewell Co. Jail Ministries
- Supplies outlying areas with Bibles, as well as, a food pantry in Canton.
- Places a Bible ad in the Galesburg newspaper and receives calls for Bibles.
- Delivers Bibles to Food Pantry in Kewanee.
- Had a request from a pastor for small Bibles. Two boxes were given.
- Placed New Testaments at Woodies in El Paso.
- Placed an Ad in Gridley News.
- Took bibles to a Nursing Home in Dekalb.
- Go 4th Sunday of month to Pontiac (Livingston County Jail).
- Distribute pocket testaments in community.
- Distribute Bibles to prisons. Prisoners' favorite Bible appears to be the large print red letter edition. A lot of other brothers agreed with that assessment.
- Works with the chaplain at Cook County Prison to distribute about 200 Bibles a year.
- Goes through various hospital chaplains to distribute Bibles.
- Heads a group that goes to Dwight Prison (Intake Area).
- Berean Prison Ministry. More than 2,000 Bibles are requested monthly and shipped to jails and prisons in 45 different states. The inmate’s name and prison identification is entered into a computer. A prisoner is shipped only one Bible. In every Bible there is a letter to that inmate. The letter explains the opportunity to complete and return Bible study lesson #1 to Berean Prison Ministry. They are encouraged to complete 50 Bible lessons. When Bible study #1 is returned by the inmate, the study is graded by our brethren and friends.
- We have an Elementary Bible Study. Need Intermediate and Advanced Bible Study Materials.
- The Feeding on The Word Bible study material is available at AC Publications in Eureka, IL.
- A door is open in Romania for Bible Distribution. Berean can go into any Prison in Romania.