Guiding Principles for Presenting the Gospel
These biblically based principles provide a framework within which all efforts to present the Gospel are to be developed and implemented.
- Biblical Truth: Teach and practice the whole counsel of God (the perfect and universally applicable Word) under the direction of the Holy Spirit. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable…..” (2 Tim. 3:16-17); “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…” (Matt. 28:20).
- Repentance and Sanctification: Teach that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2: 8-10), calling mankind to a Holy Spirit led repentance, born again experience (Matt. 3:6; Acts 3:19) and walk of sanctification (Tit. 2:11-14).
- Church: Establish and support viable Apostolic Christian Churches as the nucleus of our mission work. “..the church of the living God (is the) pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Tim. 3:15); “...ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit” (Eph. 2:19-22). This will occur in concert with the four pillars of the established mission of our church.
- Preparation: Prepare brethren who are called of the Lord and are being sent by the Church to share the Gospel message of salvation. “...be ready always to give an answer to every man...” (1 Pet. 3:15); “…sanctified and meet for the master’s use and prepared unto every good work” (2 Tim. 2:21).
- Doctrinal Integrity: Avoid ecumenical intermingling (2 Pet. 2:1-2) and other forms of spiritual deception (Rev. 2:14) in our efforts to preserve sound doctrine. “Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught…” (Tit. 1:9).
- Biblical Accountability: Provide mission environments that enable effective support and oversight, fulfilling our accountability to God for the welfare of those being sent and those being served. “…for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account…” (Heb. 13:17); “Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof…” (1 Pet. 5:1-2).
- Love of Christ: Let the love of Christ be the prime motivation for all mission endeavors and the inspiration for loving and respectful relationships among all who serve. “This is my commandment, That ye love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12); “….in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves” (Phil. 2:3).