ESTABLISHING AND AIDING NEW AND EXISTING CHURCHES
When born-again souls are set free from sin through faith in Jesus Christ, it is essential that they be nourished up in faith and doctrine. God has provided the church as the mechanism to edify and nurture spiritual growth and sanctification in believers. One of the primary goals of the Mission Committee is to establish and support viable Apostolic Christian congregations built on the love of Jesus Christ above all else.
- Love of Christ: Let the love of Christ be the prime motivation for all mission endeavors and the inspiration for loving and respectful relationships among all who serve. “This is my commandment, That ye love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12); “….in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves” (Phil. 2:3).
- Church: Establish and support viable Apostolic Christian Churches as the nucleus of our mission work. “..the church of the living God (is the) pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Tim. 3:15); “...ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit” (Eph. 2:19-22). This will occur in concert with the four pillars of the established mission of our church.
This can only be accomplished through obedience to the guiding of the Holy Spirit whereby faithful mature brethren allow themselves to be used in a nurturing role – sometimes on a short-term basis, but sometimes by being willing to be uprooted by the Lord and sent to a new location far from home. It requires faithful willing brethren to nurture and support these churches with sound teaching. The church must be built on truth if it is to thrive.
- Biblical Truth: Teach and practice the whole counsel of God (the perfect and universally ap-plicable Word) under the direction of the Holy Spirit. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable…..” (2 Tim. 3:16-17); “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…” (Matt. 28:20).
- Repentance and Sanctification: Teach that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2: 8-10), calling mankind to a Holy Spirit led repentance, born again experience (Matt. 3:6; Acts 3:19) and walk of sanctification (Tit. 2:11-14).
SENDING BRETHREN ON SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENTS
As the Lord identifies needs, He prepares brethren with willing hearts to be sent by the church to provide nurturing and oversight to developing young congregations. Sometimes this may be in a long-term ministering role. Other assignments may be service in a short-term ministering role, service on a construction or medical work team, or just to visit and provide fellowship and encouragement to the local believers.
- Preparation: Prepare brethren who are called of the Lord and are being sent by the Church to share the Gospel message of salvation. “...be ready always to give an answer to every man...” (1 Pet. 3:15); “…sanctified and meet for the master’s use and prepared unto every good work” (2 Tim. 2:21).
PROVIDING SPIRITUAL OVERSIGHT
- Biblical Accountability: Provide mission environments that enable effective support and oversight, fulfilling our accountability to God for the welfare of those being sent and those being served. “…for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account…” (Heb. 13:17); “Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof…” (1 Pet. 5:1-2).
- Doctrinal Integrity: Avoid ecumenical intermingling (2 Pet. 2:1-2) and other forms of spiritual deception (Rev. 2:14) in our efforts to preserve sound doctrine. “Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught…” (Tit. 1:9).