Areas: Caribbean: Jamaica: Outreach Areas
Supporting the work of Caribbean Christian Centre for the Deaf (CCCD)
Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?........
Through God's grace the deaf of Jamaica are hearing the gospel in their own heart language. This is the work and vision of CCCD. For fifty years these deaf schools have sought to help deaf children. Many times deaf children come to school with no formal way of communicating. CCCD begins the process of giving them a “language” a way of communicating with others. The greatest communicaton is then shared with them of God's love and that He sent His only Son to die for them. God has afforded the opportunity that we may join in this work by placing long term missionaries within the CCCD organization.
- Classroom teaching and support
- Campus supervision and leadership (including but not limited to after school care, Bible teachings, activity coordination, etc)
- Bridging gulf between deaf parents and their hearing children (day care)
- Providing vocational training to deaf adults (farming, trades, tourism skills, etc)
- Continuing education for the deaf and deaf teachers
- Agricultural assistance
- Providing administrative support or general maintenance
- Providing medical, culinary, or other general hospitality care
- Vocational training to deaf adults (trades, tourism skills, etc)
- Work team coordinator
Supporting work teams and humanitarian aid logistics
Scripture urges us to aid others physically as well as sharing with them the gospel of Jesus Christ (James 2:16).Christian love of the body of Christ in America extends to those in Jamaica in the form of shipments of humanitarian aid as well work teams that labor for God. Brethren on the island join in this work by:
- Supporting World Relief work teams or individuals spiritually and logistically.
- Assisting with logistics associated with WR humanitarian aid shipments. Providing accountability to relief recipients and partner organizations.
Reaching out to the people of Jamaica spiritually
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...... Jamaica is a land of many Churches. Sadly though many that go to Church do not practice sanctified living. We pray that God would work through bethren on the island to teach and disciple others.
- Conducting Bible studies in homes for interested individuals.
- Conducting VBS programs in schools, orphanages, and infirmaries as opportunities might arise.